OBJECTIVES OF SOIL TESTING:-
® Objective of a soil testing program:
1. To provide an index of nutrient availability or supply in a given soil.
- To prepare a basis for fertilizer recommendation and determining fertilizer requirements.
- To evaluate the fertility status of the soil and plan a nutrient management program.
® The fertilizer recommendation from a soil testing laboratory is based on:
1. Carefully conducted soil analyses and the results of up to date agronomic research on the crop.
2. And it, therefore, is the most scientific information available for fertilizing that crop in that field.
STATIC LABORATORY VERSUS MOBILE:-
- No need for sample transportation/shipment and so helps in cost reduction.
- An analysis is onsite.
- More than one district/block/area can be covered simultaneously.
- Sample degradation is avoided.
- Results are accurate and comparable to the static laboratories as methods are essentially the same.
- The mobile laboratory can be used to create awareness about soil tests and benefits thereon, e.g.. Fertilizer recommendations, etc.
- Remote areas can be covered.
DETAILS OF INFRASTRUCTURE PARAMETERS THAT WILL BE TESTED IN THE LABORATORY:-
- Soil pH
- Organic Carbon
INSTRUMENTS/EQUIPMENTS THAT WILL BE REQUIRED IN THE LABORATORY:-
- pH meter
- EC meter
- Hot air oven
- Analytical Balance
- Water bath
- Flame photometer
- Rotary Shaker
- Computer with printer
® Other than the above, the chemicals which are needed for preparing reagents and also all the required glassware and plastic ware will be needed.
There are no reviews yet.